The Constant VelocityCV axles are an essential component of the drive train of any vehicle. They are present in both old and recently manufactured vehicles, and one of their primary function is to act as a propeller within the vehicle. However, you don’t get to use a CV axle for a life’s time. So, if you are searching for a new CV axle that is durable, efficient, budget-friendly for your vehicle- we present the Best Aftermarket CV axles to you.
The CV axles are the direct link for conveying power from the vehicle’s engine to the wheels. Hence they continuously suffer significant stress levels, and with time, you would need to get them replaced. Therefore, we have carefully compiled a list, and they are as follow;
Top 3 after Market CV Axles for Quick Selections
The Best Aftermarket CV Axles
1. Cardone 66-1009 New CV Axle
The no.1 in the list – the best amongst Cardone’s products. This product has gained a stunning review in the market due to its perfect fit, easy installation, and long-lasting durability.
- It’s Neoprene boots were engineered to include extra bellows. This is a significant advantage because an axle with inadequate numbers of bellows would rupture easily. The extra bellows in the Cardone CV axle enable it to withstand high-stress levels.
- The Cardone 66-1009 boot clamps are fastened pneumatically, totally sealing the boots to the axle’s housing.
- This American made CV axle Is easy to install because the splines follow strictly with unequaled and fit appropriately into the mating hub.
- Its high-quality grease resists extreme temperature and pressures ensuring reliable performance.
- Each of the axle shafts is checked for straightness. This is to ensure that nothing interferes with the axle’s rotation during the vehicle’s movement.
- All the Cardone 66-1009 axles come with a new axle nut to replace the already damaged ones.
- The rolled axle thread found at the extremes of the axle ensures the axle nut stays firm.
- It has a moderate shaft length, which encourages twist and subsequent ease of movement of the ball bearing and tires.
- The Cardone 66-1009 axle may not have been adequately assembled before it was packaged. There have been reported cases of low assemblage.
- Although the producers included extra bellows in this version, these boots are still likely to rupture because the neoprene of which they were made isn’t very sturdy. With the rupture of these boots, the grease may leak out, producing the unfriendly CV Joint Noise.
2. GSP NCV10232 CV Axle
GSP NCV10232 has made its way to no.2 on this list for great quality, perfect fit – GSP NCV 10232 succeeds OEM spec. It comes with ABS sensor rings and Anti-Lock Brakes that fits perfectly in non-ABS equipped vehicles.
- GSP CV axles were manufactured to the specifications of Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) globally.
- The shaft is manufactured from long-lasting materials to withstand erosion.
- The CV joint has a uniquely formulated, high-temperature Moly grease that guarantees proper functioning by eliminating anomalous vibrations.
- To eliminate boot rupture, the boot of the GSP CV axle made of high-quality premium neoprene. Premium makes these boots very high-temperature tolerant, preserving boot integrity and consequently preventing premature joint failure.
- The GSP CV axles are thoroughly inspected for excellence and skill before they are packaged. This is done to ensure you are getting the best CV axles on the market.
- The quality it offers remarkably outmatches the price it is being sold for.
- The Splines are very precise, like those from OE manufacturers.
- GSP CV axles are engineered to work with anti-lock brakes present in your vehicle. These axles also possess inbuilt ABS sensors.
- Instead of five bellows, there is only three present on the outboard boot, making the boot very rigid. The boot can thus pull out of the joint during transmission exposing the joint to dirt.
3. DTA TO87838784A front Left Right Pair
If you’re looking for high-quality aftermarket CV axles, DTA T087838784A is the right product for you. It’s the ease of installation and perfect fit has given it an edge in the market as one of the best sought-after CV axles in the market.
- The boots found in the DTA CV axle is exceptionally resistant to too high or too low temperatures.
- DTA CV axle is compatible with an ABS or non-ABS model vehicle.
- T087838784A has a center shaft made of high-quality steel.
- It is not only a perfect match for its designated vehicles, but it is also elementary to install. This is as a result of the very threads and Splines which it possesses.
- The axles have been confirmed and approved by ISO 9002 and QS 9000.
- DTA CV axle can function effectively in Corolla and Geo Prizm models produced between 1993–2002.
- It has an axle nut and Dust shield that could be used as appropriate.
- It has a specially formulated grease for lubrication.
- The axles are durable and fit perfectly.
- The DTA T087838784A CV axle can only fit into the left side of a vehicle, and if you didn’t know better, you would find out it’s the wrong one after you have ordered.
4. GSP NCV10638 CV Axle Shaft Assembly
GSP NCV10638 stands for its great quality and exact fit in terms of fitness. This product might not be pocket-friendly, ( though, it’s not the costliest on the list) it worths the price.
- GSP NCV10638 CV axle has Moly grease at the joint. This grease reduces friction while protecting the joint. Due to the functions being performed by this grease, there would be no clicking, creaking, or any other steering noise from the vehicle.
- The manufacturers ensure the assembled axles are checked and verified to be in good condition before the axles are dispatched into the market.
- The NCV10638 CV axle has ABS sensors and handy anti-lock brakes.
- The shaft of this GSP axle was produced with strong anti-corrosion metallic materials.
- The Splines inbuilt on this GSP axle’s surface is as precise as those manufactured by the original producers.
- The possibility of a boot rupture occurring in the GSP NCV10638 CV axle is very minimal because the boot is made of neoprene premium.
- GSP NCV10638 CV axle is very wallet-friendly, not minding the quality it is renowned for.
- It is a perfect fit for a lot of vehicles such as the 2009 and 2007 Acadia 2011 Buick Enclave e.t.c
- The CV joint components were designed by machined computer numerical control.
- The GSP NCV10638 axle is side specific, which could be confusing for a customer who wishes to install it himself.
5. Cardone 66-4064 CV Axle
Cardone 66-4064 has an affordable price, in terms of fitness, it has been given an edge irrespective that it is not a vehicle manufacturer’s product. This CV axle will take you less than two and a half hours to install.
- Cardone 66-4064 is manufactured by a very reliable brand that has superseded the OE requirements.
- 66-4064 axle’s shaft is tested for straightness to prevent unnecessary vibrations observed during motion if the shaft was bent by any chance.
- The transmission seal diameter is heat-treated to give an appreciably stainless finish.
- The axle’s thread and Splines are rolled with utmost precision to relieve the customers of stress when it’s time to set up the equipment as a replacement for a bad CV joint.
- The presence of three percent of Moly grease helps to protect the life of the equipment.
- Cardone 66-4060 is affordable.
- It doesn’t fit into some vehicles like 98′ Civic.
- Compared to many other Cardone CV axles found in the market, it has very few bellows.
6. Cardone 66-1325 CV Axle
Cardone 66-1325, just like other Cardone’s products, the overall quality and fitness are superb. There’s no noise nor vibration after installation. This CV axle comes with a built-in washer and 36mm hub nuts. Due to its easy to install and fitness, you’ll complete the installation in an hour or two without the help of a mechanic.
- It has a concise shaft length, which favors rapid twist and ease of power transmission. This is because the length of the shaft is in direct proportion to the rate of twist.
- Cardone 66-1325 has many bellows on both the outer and inner CV joints. This ensures the high-grade Moly grease remains within the CV joint while also keeping germs away from the joint.
- This Cardone equipment is affordable and is relatively easy to fix into your vehicle. You can do this without the help of a mechanic; all you need is to have the required tools closeby.
- This Cardone product comes with an inbuilt washer and a new nut for the hub bearing.
- The boots are very flexible, reducing the likelihood of a rupture.
- The manufacturers inspect the Splines after production to ensure the equipment fits the mating hub as expected.
- The equipment has two solid boot clamps that keep the integrity of the bellows, outer, and inner CV joints.
- Because not everyone is on a high budget, it is quite expensive.
7. Cardone 66-4060 CV Axle
Cardone 66-4060 is a recommended cv axle for anyone who doesn’t want to stress himself (who will ever want to stress himself for nothing?) Over fittings and quality of the product. Cardone 66-4060 is the go-get cv axle in terms of fitness – there are no issues installing. After installation, you won’t notice any clicking noise. Turning is smooth and fine.
- This particular Cardone brand is tested for straightness before it is delivered to customers.
- Its grease functions as an efficient lubricant for the CV joint.
- It is compatible with vehicles like Civic 95′, Honda civic 1.7, Honda Civic LX 1, Civic 98′, Honda Del Sol S, 92′ Civic, 94′ Civic e.t.c
- Cardone 66-4060 usually comes with its axle nut.
- Although the bellows on the boots are few, the boots are made of dense rubber.
- Card one 66- 4060 is wholly assembled on delivery; therefore, you do not need to further tighten the CV boot clamps.
- Cardone 66-4060 doesn’t come with transmission seals.
- It has a few numbers of bellows as compared to other Cardone products in the market.
8. Cardone 66-5235 CV axle
Cardone 66-5235 has the same quality as the OEM CV axle. Over the years, Cardone’s products have proven to be the best aftermarket cv axles for Toyota cars, and Lexus just to mention but a few. It has the same notches as OEM CV axles which helps for easy installation. This driveshaft gives peace of mind as it doesn’t make noise – the boots also last long.
- Cardone 66-5235 axles are sold at a considerable price of 51.12 USD
- They are a perfect fit for vehicles like 2005 Toyota Tacoma 4WD V6 4.0L, Lexus GL 470, second-generation Tacoma’s e.t.c
- They aren’t sided specific you could place them on the right or left side of your vehicle. This takes care of the problems and delays arising from returning it because you ordered the wrong pair.
- This axle is brand new; it wasn’t re-grinded or rebuilt.
- This Cardone CV axle doesn’t fit into Toyota OEM axle seals on 2007 FJ cruiser, 2005 Chrysler 200, Toyota Hilux Champ 2013.
- These CV axles do not come with a seal.
9. Bodeman – Pair 2 Complete Front CV Axle
Bodeman -pair 2 is compatible with a lot of car brands and models, this makes it strong and sought-after by many car owners and mechanics. This product is compared to everywhere and it is pocket-friendly.
- Before the Bodeman axle is delivered, it is fully assembled with the CV joints and neoprene boots in place. This is done to ensure easy setup and perfect fit.
- The shaft length is right for fast transmission of torque, and the numbers of billows are sufficient too.
- If you place an order for this CV axle, you can be sure that it will be delivered on time, mostly if you reside in Jamaica, the USA, and New york. This is because the company begins shipment from the day you order.
- The innermost Spline has six holes with bolts on them
- Bodeman CV axle could be placed on either side of your vehicle, passenger, or driver’s side. Therefore, you don’t have to worry if you have gotten the right one for the needed side.
- Bodeman CV axles are one of the best aftermarket CV axles in the market.
The Bodeman axle is suitable for all the following vehicles.
- 2007-2014 GMC Yukon XL 1500 (6 LUGS)
- 2007-2013 Cadillac Escalade EXT (6 LUGS)
- 2008-2018 Chevy Silverado 1500 (6 LUGS)
- 2008-2018 GMC Sierra 1500 (6 LUGS)
- 2007-2013 Chevy Avalanche 1500 (6 LUGS)
- 2007-2014 Chevy Suburban 1500 (6 LUGS)
- 2008-2018 GMC Sierra 1500 (6 LUGS)
- 2007-2018 Cadillac Escalade (6 LUGS)
- 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 (6 LUGS; EXCLUDES CLASSIC MODELS)
- 2007-2018 Chevy Tahoe (6 LUGS)
- 2007-2018 GMC Yukon (6 LUGS)
- 2008 GMC Sierra
- Bodeman CV axle has no inbuilt anti-lock braking system (ABS).
10. Cardone 66-3302 CV Axle
Cardone 66-3302 is a considerable option if you’re looking for an aftermarket CV axle that stands the test of time. This product also fits perfectly even though it is not a car manufacturer’s product. This product has an affordable price.
- Cardone 66-3302 CV axle is sold at an affordable rate.
- It is a perfect fit for vehicles like 2001 PT Cruiser, PT Cruiser 2003, 2003 Dodge neon SXT 2.0L e.t.c.
- It doesn’t need a cotter pin because it comes with a special interference nut.
- It has an anti-lock braking system for reinforced safety.
- It has a compression type axle nut.
- The axle functions fine regardless of the presence or absence of ABS
- It has irremovable ABS rings.
Things to consider before buying a CV axle
The question, most times, isn’t how to buy a CV axle? You pay for it, of course. The real question is how you can be sure the axle you are buying is good enough. To answer this question, we have pulled out the most critical factors to help you make the right choice.
Price is one of the factors to consider when planning to replace your cv axle as there many high-quality cv axles that are budget-friendly. Consider the pros and cons of the axle and see if it worth the price.
This is how great the price of a particular CV axle can change your mind and make you settle for a brand you can afford, even if it is not what you desire. However, there are affordable aftermarket cv axles on this list to go for.
Imagine getting an expensive piece of junk that would crash not just your plan but your budget all for nothing. It isn’t good enough for a CV axle to have beautiful exterior finishing, an affordable price, or an excellent fit. You bought it to perform a job; we believe you didn’t want an ornament. For this reason, look out for an axle that can well do the job your dollars hired it for. Only a functional axle can make you know without a doubt that you haven’t purchased an ornament.
Before you think of buying any cv axle, you have to consider if fits your vehicle brand and model.
This is because no matter how well an axle is rated on online sales outlets or at the parts market, only when it is compatible with your vehicle can you access what you have paid for. Hence it will be good to order an axle that can conveniently fit into your vehicle.
Durability speaks of how long a particular axle can serve you. Yes, we earlier mentioned that no axle could carry your vehicle for as long as you live; not even the OEM axles can perform this miracle.
However, there is an absolute life expectancy for each axle. If you are getting a new axle that you are unfamiliar with, read the manufacturer’s product description and the customer reviews for ample information.
You won’t be pleased if you get an axle that ‘walked out on you’ few weeks after you had committed your hard-earned money to buy it.
Aftermarket CV Axles (FAQs)
Are GSP CV axles any good?
According to a GSP CV axle review from amazon, most of the customers who purchased this axle found it very helpful. They testified that it meets OE Spec – have Splines, no issue during installation, long-lasting boots e.t.c.
How much does it cost to replace the CV axle?
Some significant factors play out here to determine how much you will spend on getting the needed part and paying a mechanic.
Firstly, if you are replacing just one axle, it would cost far less when you are replacing both axles.
Secondly, if you opted to change just the Bad CV joint of the faulty axle, you won’t spend as much as when you are getting a brand new axle. Some very quality joints like the SKP CV joint, APDTY 043414, Dorman Help, and other joint kits could come in handy here. On average, you will spend 400 USD to replace the two CV joints while you will pay the mechanic 100 – 300 USD.
Where are Cardone CV axles made?
If you had wanted to ask – are Cardone CV axles good? Yes, because they are highly reputable and used in the United States of America. The Cardone CV axles industries are located at different places in North America. Some of their present facilities are located in Ontario, Philadelphia, Arlington, Harlingen, Brownsville, Toronto, and Mexico.
Should you change both CV axles at the same time?
Replacing just the damaged one will be good enough if you’re on a budget. If the vehicle underwent a very tough experience and suspected that both axles are damaged, replacing both would be great.
Are TrakMotive axles good?
Although they aren’t popular in the automobile market, Trakmotive manufactures good axles. Their axles are trustworthy and of two kinds the budget-friendly OEM axles and the same firm heavy duty axles. They constitute some of the best aftermarket CV axles for Honda products, Yamaha, Polaris, and other utility terrain vehicles (UTV’s).
Can a bad CV axle damage transmission?
A bad CV axle can cause a transmission leak, and if left unattended to a transmission leak, it would worsen and eventually impair the normal functions of the vehicle.
WHICH IS BETTER? Rebuilt OEM vs Cheap Replacement Axles YouTube
There are many amazing CV axles in the market, and it could not be very clear what brand you would rather choose from. The top OE brands like Raxles CV axles, the very best aftermarket CV brands, and much more. Whichever brand you decide for, always remember that you can still have a great partnership with any of these budget-friendly, quality, and long-lasting best aftermarket CV axles.
If this article answered your questions regarding the best CV axles in the market, kindly leave a comment in the comment box below.